Beth Nydick, owner of Blue Barn Kitchen, and her Co-Author Tara Roscioli, published their cocktail book, Clean Cocktails: Righteous Recipes for the Modernist Mixologist in 2017 and the momentum from this timely piece is still going strong!
In this interview, Beth and I sit down to talk about the journey from how she met Tara, all the way through to present-day promotional activities for the book. Her story is so inspiring as she shares all of the nuances of navigating a traditionally published book. From the acquiring agent to the editors, photographer, and more, she and I talk about it ALL!
The ingenuity and drive that she and Tara had throughout the process are what kept everything moving, but Beth does not sugar coat this…she is very real and honest about how much time, energy, and trial and error went into making this project work!
Their hard work and tenacity has gotten their book into Oprah Magazine, ToryBurch.com, Forbes, and more! Beth talks about “Making the Ask” when it comes to reaching out to influencers, looking for connections, and more, and her positive outlook on “making it happen” is infectious!
In this interview, Beth touches on:
- Going with your gut when it comes to partnerships and finding your entrepreneurial “wingman”
- Approaching every situation with no expectations – and not going into something solely based on your personal desired outcome
- How to use your personal and professional connections to help you find the right resources, team, and opportunities
- Her experience with the traditional publishing route – including working with Agents, Editors, Photographers, and Publicists
- How they almost did not fully experience the author bliss moments…until the book was finally in their hands!
I cannot say just how much good info is packed into this one interview! I could chat with Beth forever about the process.
This book is the PERFECT holiday gift for friends or family…so be sure to order your copy!
[av_button label=’Buy Now’ link=’manually,https://amzn.to/2CqqXb6′ link_target=’_blank’ size=’large’ position=’left’ label_display=” icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-1wm2mh’ admin_preview_bg=”]
You can find Beth:
If you are curious about self-publishing and want to learn more about how we can help, check out our Self-Publishing Services.
Weller Smith Design is a Full-Service Boutique Design Agency that provides print, branding, web design and strategy services. We pride ourselves in being the Boutique Agency of choice for Thought Leaders like you.